PowerSchool Parent Portal will go offline for summer maintenance at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, June 20, 2023.
Find the right resource for your student
It’s easier than ever for HCPS families to find the online services and resources you need. Below you’ll find descriptions of who the service is intended for, and what you need to create an account. Still have questions about an HCPS online resource? Each application has a “Information for New Users” button with helpful troubleshooting tips. If you still need assistance, please contact your child’s school.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
PowerSchool gives families with students in pre-K through grade 12 easy access to class grades, attendance information and student schedules. The portal also gives you “single sign-on” access to other online services without having to create accounts specifically for those sites. The online student information tool comes in two versions: one for students, and one for parents and guardians. While students get their accounts automatically, parents and guardians need to create an account.
PowerSchool Parent Portal can be accessed using a browser on a computer, phone or tablet, or by downloading the app for Apple or Android devices (use the school division’s assigned code, MXZM). For a list of current menu options see the PowerSchool Parent Portal information sheet. Please note that the app has some restrictions and does not display all menu options.
Schoology is HCPS’ online learning management system, and helps support “anytime, anywhere” learning. The common platform connects students, families, teachers and academic content. Sign up for a parent account to stay abreast of announcements, assignments and assessments at your child’s school.
Schoology can be accessed using a browser on a computer, phone or tablet, or by downloading the app for Apple or Android devices. Please note that the app has some restrictions and does not display all menu options.
MySchoolBucks enables parents and guardians to easily pay for school meals, track balances and review purchased items. MySchoolBucks is for all students, in pre-K through grade 12. To use the service, go directly to the MySchoolBucks site and create an account. MySchoolBucks can be accessed using a browser on a computer, phone or tablet, or by downloading the app for Apple or Android devices. Please note that the app has some restrictions and does not display all menu options.
The Henrico County Public Schools Planning Guide is updated annually and is designed as a comprehensive tool for students and parents. The guide will help you locate information about HCPS middle and high school programs and courses, and engage in meaningful academic and career planning.
HCPS parents and students can access important information using a host of online tools.
Online Services and Resources
HCPS makes it easy for parents and students to access important information by using a host of online tools:
- The Henrico Digital Resource Menu is a list of digital learning resources approved for use in the school division. It includes descriptions, audience, access details, instructions, data privacy, troubleshooting and support information for each resource.
- An application for free and reduced-price meals can be filled out online.
- Student Records Request is a secure site for former students to get transcripts, attendance information and employment verifications.
- The HCPS Library Services website gives students access to the HCPS Libraries catalog, e-books and powerful online resources. Use your student computer login to get started.
- Use the links below to see dashboards that show the status of certain services the division uses for instruction:
- Common Sense Media provide reviews for what your kids are into (before they get into it). Trusted ratings created with families in mind.
- Microsoft’s Self-Service Password Reset portal lets an enrolled user reset their own password. First-time users need to enroll in the portal and supply user information that will be used to reset your password when needed. Here are some important links for using the password reset tool:
Securly is a powerful new tool that improves how students are protected when using school-issued digital devices, and offers parents and guardians a window into their student’s digital world. If you’d like to learn more about Securly’s online safety solutions, visit www.securly.com/home-parent.
To access the home app website and search a knowledge base, use Securly for Parents.
For additional questions, email Securly at firstname.lastname@example.org.