The five-member Henrico School Board consists of one elected representative from each of Henrico County’s five magisterial districts.
Click here for BoardDocs, a web-based tool for publishing School Board meeting agendas, support documents, audio and policies.
Regular monthly Board meetings begin at 6:30 p.m., and are held at the New Bridge Auditorium, 5915 Nine Mile Road, unless publicized otherwise. Work sessions generally begin at 2 p.m., but the time may fluctuate according to the agenda for that date. Upcoming meeting dates, as well as video archives of past meetings, are available by scrolling past the Board member photographs.
Agendas for work sessions and monthly meetings (including start times) are posted to the HCPS BoardDocs webpage on the Friday afternoon before the meeting date.
Submit public comments online
Citizens are invited to address the School Board on any matter of concern about the School Division at the School Board work session on October 8, 2020. Citizens are required to sign up in advance via an online form to address the School Board in person. Those who sign up to speak cannot relinquish their spot to someone else. Speakers will each receive two minutes and citizens must sign up by 8:00 a.m. on October 8.
Upcoming School Board work sessions:
- Oct. 8
Click the button to submit written public comments for the work session. The deadline is at 8 a.m. on the day of the meeting.
Upcoming Meetings and Work Sessions
- Oct. 8, 2020: Work Session
- Oct. 22, 2020: Work Session and Monthly Meeting
- Nov. 12, 2020: Work Session and Monthly Meeting
- Dec. 10, 2020: Work Session and Monthly Meeting
School Board Videos
Work sessions and monthly meetings are streamed live and can be viewed on any computer or mobile device. Look for the livestream link on the homepage 15 minutes before the meeting start time. Videos are archived and are available upon request by emailing Cathy Harris, clerk to the School Board.
- Sept. 24, 2020: Work Session
- Sept. 10, 2020: Work Session
- Aug. 27, 2020: Work Session
- Aug. 13, 2020: Work Session
- July 23, 2020: Work Session (Entire Meeting) | Public Forum | Return to School (Presentation) | School Board Comments/Vote
- July 14, 2020: Community Meeting
- June 23, 2020: Joint work session with Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- June 18, 2020: Work Session | Comments submitted by citizens
- May 28, 2020: Work Session | Comments submitted by citizens
- May 14, 2020: Work Session| Comments submitted by citizens
- April 23, 2020: Work Session | Comments submitted by citizens
- March 26, 2020: Work Session
- March 12, 2020: Redistricting Update | Work Session
- 2019-2020 School Board Meetings Archive
News media requests for School Board members are received by the Division of Communications and Community Engagement. Please call 804-652-3724 or send an email to Andy Jenks, chief of communications and community engagement.
Cathy Harris, Clerk of the School Board
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, Va. 23223