Henrico County Public Schools is hiring creative and dedicated professionals who believe that every student is entitled to have a positive and productive learning experience. We serve Henrico County, Virginia, which adjoins the vibrant capital city of Richmond on the west, north and east. The Richmond region is an amazing place to live, work and play!
The school division offers traditional learning programs as well as an array of programs to fit the needs of each and every student. We employ more than 6,600 staff and faculty members, who support nearly 50,000 students.
Our caring community, state-of-the-art facilities and the use of emerging technology are just a few of the many reasons to work for Henrico County Public Schools.
All applicants must submit an online application and provide three written references. Print the reference forms and give them to individuals you have selected to provide references and ask them to complete and return the forms to the address shown. References must be signed and current (not older than one year). In lieu of the HPCS reference forms, signed letters may be submitted. All references become the property of Henrico County Public Schools and cannot be copied for applicants.
Specific requirements are listed for each area of employment. Information you provide online is secure and will be kept confidential. If your application is received by the deadline, it will be placed in the applicant pool for that position.
HCPS’ 2022-23 starting salary for teachers on a regular 10-month, 209-day teaching contract is:
- $50,464 for teachers with a bachelor’s degree.
- $52,886 for teachers with a master’s degree.
The starting salary placement for new employees is determined by several factors, such as the number of workdays in a teacher’s contract and the number of years of teaching experience.
All substitute candidates must be at least 18 years old, and:
Complete an online application (IRC167423).
Upload two signed references letters or two signed reference forms.
Upload transcripts with the degree-awarded date and a certificate of completion for the CWSE 5691 – Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect (for Educators) course.
- Substitute teachers:
- At least 60 credit hours, with an associate degree or a bachelor’s degree
Complete the CWSE 5691 – Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect (for Educators) course
- Substitute office instructional assistants:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Complete the CWSE 5691 – Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect (for Educators) course
- Substitute registered nurses and licensed practical nurses:
Daily substitute rates:
- Classroom teachers: $106.09 per day
- Instructional assistants: $87.54 per day
- Clerical workers: $96.60 per day
- Alternative education technicians: $87.54 per day
- Campus duty (school security): $87.54 per day