Henrico County Public Schools is launching a new Opportunity School initiative through the HCPS Career Ladder to address critical staffing issues at schools most impacted by teacher shortages. New and existing licensed instructional staff working at an Opportunity School will receive an annual compensation supplement of approximately $3,000. Additional staff, including permanent substitutes, Teacher Fellows and administrators, will also be hired to assist student learning. READ MORE.
Henrico County Public Schools is hiring creative and dedicated professionals who believe that every student is entitled to have a positive and productive learning experience. We serve Henrico County, Virginia, which adjoins the vibrant capital city of Richmond on the west, north and east. The Richmond region is an amazing place to live, work and play!
The school division offers traditional learning programs as well as an array of programs to fit the needs of each and every student. We employ more than 6,600 staff and faculty members, who support nearly 50,000 students.
Our caring community, state-of-the-art facilities and the use of emerging technology are just a few of the many reasons to work for Henrico County Public Schools.
All applicants must submit an online application and provide three written references. Print the reference forms, give them to individuals you have selected to provide references and ask them to complete and return the forms to the address shown. References must be signed and current (not older than one year). In lieu of the HPCS reference forms, signed letters may be submitted. All references become the property of Henrico County Public Schools and cannot be copied for applicants.
Specific requirements are listed for each area of employment. Information you provide online is secure and will be kept confidential. If your application is received by the deadline, it will be placed in the applicant pool for that position.
HCPS’ 2022-23 starting salary for teachers on a regular 10-month, 209-day teaching contract is:
- $50,464 for teachers with a bachelor’s degree.
- $52,886 for teachers with a master’s degree.
The starting salary placement for new employees is determined by several factors, such as the number of workdays in a teacher’s contract and the number of years of teaching experience.
Substitute candidates for classroom teacher, instructional assistant and clerical/office positions must be at least 18 years old, complete an online application (IRC167423), and upload:
- Two signed reference letters or two signed HCPS reference forms.
- A certificate of completion for the online course CWSE 5691 – Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (for Educators).
- An updated resume (preferred).
Additional requirements for these positions:
Classroom substitute teachers:
- Completed at least 60 college credit hours or two years of work experience with children.
- Transcripts and a current resume
(Long-term classroom teacher substitutes must hold a bachelor’s degree.)
Instructional assistants and clerical and office substitutes:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Daily substitute rates:
- Classroom teachers: $106.09 per day ($131.01 on Friday)
- Instructional assistants: $87.54 per day
- Clerical workers: $96.60 per day
- Alternative education technicians: $87.54 per day
- Campus duty (school security): $87.54 per day
- Should apply using the following listings: RN (IRC167424) or LPN (IRC167425).
- Must hold a current Virginia nursing license and a current CPR/AED certification card.
Hourly nurse substitute rates:
- Licensed practical nurses: $21.19 per hour
- Registered nurses: $28.07 per hour