Visit our Careers page to apply online
1. Click on “Apply and view job opportunities.”
2. Search “School Bus Driver” in the keywords field.
You can also apply and find out more by contacting HCPS Transportation at 804-226-5565.
- $17.60/hour (possibly more with verified years of school bus driving experience)
- We provide benefits such as health care, sick leave and VRS retirement plan.
- Bring your kids on the bus*
Incentives for new hires
- $3,000 bonus for drivers with CDL, plus “S” and “P” endorsements
- $2,000 bonus for drivers with CDL
- $1,000 bonus for brand new drivers
(Bonus paid in installments throughout the year. Contact us for additional details.)
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY — GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN
- Enjoy working with students.
- Have a good driving record (0 to +5 driver point-balance).
- Before training, you must obtain an instructional permit — a CDL Class B driver’s license with endorsements in A (air brakes), P (transporting passengers) and S (school buses).
- Pass a criminal background check and child protective services review.
- Pass a drug test and physical exam.
- Complete an application, which includes three signed letters of reference and a good moral character form.
Henrico County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. Equal Opportunity Act accommodations are available upon request online at our Careers page or by contacting HCPS Pupil Transportation at 804-226-5565.
*Children must be older than one year. No more than two accompanying children are permitted.