HCPS encourages staff to take care of personal wellness and mental health.
- Employees are encouraged to contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at
OptimaEAP.com or call 800.899.8174 or 757.363.6777 if in need of mental health support.
- Please visit the HCPS School-Based Mental Health Website for a variety of family and staff
resources including self-care strategies, phone apps, and community resources.
- Join our Wellness, Self-Care and Community Resources Schoology group
(Access Code: HWH9-2V3W-W3ZMV)
State and National Resources
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Central Virginia: www.namicv.org
- Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation: www.ckgfoundation.org
- Ditch the Label: www.ditchthelabel.org
- Mental Health America Screenings: www.screening.mentalhealthamerica.net
- American Association of Suicidology: www.suicidology.org
- Be Well VA: www.bewellva.com
- National Council for Suicide Prevention: www.thencsp.org
- You Matter: www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Side by Side VA: www.sidebysideva.org
Local Community Resources
- Community Resource Guide
- Resource Manual
- Low-Cost/No-Cost Resources
- Visit the Henrico County Mental Health website to learn about the services they provide. For Same Day Access to services, please contact our Access Services Call Center at (804) 727-8515 for more information. In the event of a mental health or substance use crisis, our Emergency Services personnel are available 24/7. Please call (804) 727-8484.