Why intern with Henrico County Public Schools?
- HCPS expresses a divisionwide commitment to every student by communicating a vision of inclusive success: “The right to achieve. The support to succeed.”
- The school division embraces four critical cornerstones: Student Safety and Wellness, Academic Growth, Equity and Opportunity, and Relationships.
- We are the sixth largest public school division in Virginia, serving more than 50,000 students in 72 schools and program centers.
- Academic excellence and opportunity are hallmarks of Henrico County Public Schools. Twenty division schools earned 2019 Virginia Index of Performance awards for advanced learning and achievement, presented by Gov. Ralph Northam and the Virginia Board of Education. HCPS was again tops in the Richmond region with the most schools earning the distinction.
- Student teachers are placed with cooperating teachers recommended by their school leaders. These teachers provide exceptional training and guidance in becoming a teacher.
- We host a student-teacher reception each semester, providing the opportunity to meet with our leadership team, School Board members and our human resources staff.
This form should be used for all field placements greater than 40 hours total. Your college or university representative is required to review and sign the form and send all documents to us in order to secure your placement.
Before beginning student teaching, you must be fingerprinted, undergo a criminal background check and have a tuberculosis test no later than July 1 (for fall placement) or Nov. 1 (for spring placement).
Field Experiences/Observations of 40 hours or less
- The student and his or her college or university placement office should directly contact the school. These placements do not have to go through the HCPS Human Resources Office. Visit our school listings for additional contact information:
We look forward to working with you at Henrico County Public Schools!
If you have questions about student teaching, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Shelby Elliott: 804-652-3429, email@example.com
Jessica Dadey: 804-652-3365, firstname.lastname@example.org