The Standards of Learning – or SOL – tests for Virginia’s public schools establish minimum expectations for what students should know and be able to do at the end of each grade or course in English, math, science, history and social sciences, and other subjects.
SOL tests in reading, writing, math, science and history/social sciences measure the success of students in meeting the Virginia Board of Education’s expectations for learning and achievement. All items on SOL tests are reviewed by Virginia classroom teachers for accuracy and fairness and teachers also assist the Virginia Board of Education in setting proficiency standards for the tests.
Learn more about the Virginia standards at the Virginia Department of Education website.
Eric Rhoades (804-652-3758)
Taylor Snow (804-652-3752)
Health, P.E. & Driver’s Education
Mark Brandenburger (804-652-3741)
* Business & IT and Marketing Education
Fahryka Elliott (804-781-1812)
* Career Education
* Family and Consumer Sciences and EFE
LaRhonda Mason (804-328-6254)
* Health & Medical Sciences
Jennifer McCrickard (804-527-4660, ext. 124)
* Technology Education, Trade and Industrial Education, Agricultural Education and JROTC
Daniel Fancett-Stooks (804-781-1821)
* Career and Technical Education courses can be found on the CTE website.