Henrico County Public Schools employees: when you tell a friend about HCPS, you could earn a $1,000 referral bonus. To qualify for the bonus, fill out a form referring someone you know for one of the full-time positions below. If the person is hired, the staff member who refers them will be paid $1,000. Through Aug. 15, any active HCPS employee can refer candidates who would be new, full-time employees with HCPS for the 2023-24 school year in one of the following positions:
- Instructional assistant
- Social worker
- Bus driver
- Maintenance assistant
- Facilities-Trades positions
How do I refer someone?
You must complete an Employee Referral Form and use your HCPS email. Questions? Call Human Resources at 804-652-3664.
- To qualify for the $1,000 referral bonus, the referral must be received before an offer of employment is extended to the candidate. The one-time bonus would be included in your Dec. 29 paycheck.
- The referring and new employees must remain employed with HCPS through the end of Nov. 30, 2023.
- You cannot be the hiring manager for the incoming employee. For example, principals will not receive a bonus for referring a new teacher to their own school, but they can refer someone to another HCPS school.
- Staff members involved in the hiring decision for a particular position are not eligible for the referral bonus for that position.
- You cannot refer an existing permanent part-time or full-time internal candidate. You can refer a temporary or substitute HCPS employee for one of the eligible full-time jobs.
- HCPS School Nutrition Services has a separate referral program. Contact School Nutrition Services at 804-226-5555 for more information.
- Referring employees must use their Henrico County email for entries. A referred candidate may only have one referring employee. In the event of multiple entries for the same referred candidate, the first person who referred the new employer will be eligible to receive the bonus based upon the timestamp in the referral employee portal.