When should you seek technical support in person for help with laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, Wi-Fi hot spots? HCPS is now differentiating “critical technical support” issues from other issues. The new system is different from the “hub” model HCPS used this summer:
- Middle and high school students: in-person support for “critical technical issues” is available at your assigned school.
- Elementary or preschool students: in-person support for “critical technical issues” is available at the high school closest to you. For a list of high schools and addresses, visit this page.
Hours of support are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Examples of critical issues are:
- Device will not power on.
- Device will not connect to any Wi-Fi signal.
- Device will not accept login credentials or password needs to be reset.
- Broken screen or microphone.
- Enable camera on a middle or high school laptop (all elementary device cameras are enabled).
All noncritical issues can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and HCPS staff will respond as soon as possible.
There is similar support available for any student who still needs to be assigned an HCPS-issued device, or needs to pick up a Wi-Fi hot spot, while supplies last:
- Middle and high school students who still need an HCPS-issued laptop and/or Wi-Fi hot spot can get one at your assigned school.
- Elementary or preschool students who need an HCPS-issued Chromebook, iPad and/or Wi-Fi hot spot can get one at the high school closest to you. For a list of high schools and addresses, visit this page.
The parent or guardian picking up these items for a student must be listed in PowerSchool as a contact. Please bring your identification. Before you go, please be aware that each middle or high school may use either a walk-up line or a drive-thru format. Contact the school if you have questions about where to locate the tech support/device distribution location. Please remember to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
For questions that are unrelated to computers or technology issues, please consider starting with your teacher, school counselor or principal, or contact the Henrico County Public Schools hotline at 804-501-5655, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday.