Students should not be in school if they:
- Have a fever of 100.4 degrees or greater before taking a fever-reducing medication.
- Are experiencing vomiting or diarrhea because of illness.
- Have an unknown rash or possible contagious condition.
- Are unable to focus due to pain, a chronic health condition or an acute illness.
- Have a flu-like illness (with or without fever), characterized by headache, fatigue, cough, aches, weakness and sore throat.
Please be prompt when picking up your ill or injured child in order to minimize his or her chance of spreading or acquiring a contagious illness.
A child should be free of symptoms of contagious disease (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, suspicious rash, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school.