It’s not just your school — it’s an important part of your background! Express your pride with a custom background for virtual learning using Microsoft Teams. (Note: because of browser limitations, elementary students using Chromebooks aren’t able to use custom backgrounds at this time.) How to install the custom backgrounds below using Microsoft Teams:
Directions for downloading and using the virtual backgrounds on an HCPS-issued laptop (grades 6-12)
1. On your HCPS-issued device, “right mouse click” on the background you want and then “Save image as…”
2. Note the location where the file was saved.
3. Next, enter a video meeting with Microsoft Teams.
4. Select the “More actions” button, represented by three horizontal dots.
5. Select “Show background effects.”
6. Select “Add new,” located at the top.
7. Select the image you’d like to use as a background.
8. Select Open.
9. Scroll down and select the image you’ve just uploaded.
10. Select “Preview” to test how it will look (optional)
11. Select “Apply” or “Apply and turn on video” if your webcam is currently off.
12. When using the background, it may appear “reversed” to you, but to everyone else in your video meeting, the image will appear normal. Enjoy!