The Disciplinary Review Office supports the division’s priorities – strong relationships, student safety, academic progress and closing gaps – by providing students with support services and interventions.
Student support services and interventions include:
- Behavior Support Team
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Behavior Support Coordinator
Suspensions and expulsions result in time away from direct instruction. Our primary goal is to help students make better choices, thereby reducing the time they miss.
We support School Board policy and the Code of Student Conduct by:
- Visiting schools to establish authentic relationships with students and to support HCPS staff regarding student behavior.
- Providing behavioral support and coaching to Henrico Schools instructional staff.
- Providing professional development opportunities that train school staff members on issues that affect student behavior.
- Providing training and coaching to school staff members in “Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports.” This system is based on students’ needs, classroom environments and school climates.
- Delivering intervention programs that address dropout prevention and inappropriate student behavior.
- Providing mentors for students at our middle and high schools; several elementary schools; and our alternative sites.
- Providing training to Henrico Schools staff members about implementing the Code of Student Conduct.
- Ensuring that guidelines for student conduct are established that are acceptable and appropriate within the school environment.
- Ensuring that the Code of Student Conduct and the disciplinary process and procedures are managed effectively, consistently, efficiently and legally as set forth in School Board policies.