- This event has passed.
Public Hearing to Solicit Input on the Proposed FY2021-2022 Annual Financial Plan
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Public Hearing and work session will take place in the auditorium of the New Bridge Learning Center, 5915 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, Virginia. Closed sessions will be held during the work session as deemed necessary. School Board meetings are open to the public and interested citizens are invited to attend. Note: In accordance with the policy for access to all buildings operated by Henrico County, attendees age 5and older are required to wear masks at the meeting, and the seating policy will reflect social distancing guidelines. Attendees will also undergo a brief health screening before entering.
- Public Hearing to Solicit Input on the Proposed FY2021-2022 Annual Financial Plan (1:00 p.m.): There are two ways to comment at the public hearing: in-person comments and written comments submitted by 8:00 a.m. on February 25. The public hearing will be limited to the topic described above. Due to health and safety guidelines, capacity in the meeting location is limited, so in-person speakers may be asked to wait outside of the meeting room or outside of the meeting building until it is their turn to speak. Citizens may also submit written comments for the public hearing in advance using an online form, which must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. on February 25.
- There will also be a Public Forum during the work session for interested citizens to address the Board in-person on any matter of concern about the School Division. Citizens are required to sign up in advance via an online form. Speakers who sign up in advance may not transfer their speaking spot to another individual. To ensure the School Board the opportunity to hear from as many constituents as possible, it is requested that only one member of each household reserve a spot to speak. Individuals providing public comment on behalf of a group may speak and then provide the Board hard copies of written comments from each member of their group. Each speaker will be limited to two minutes.
To ensure all constituents have the opportunity to comment, comments may also be provided via an electronic format in lieu of attending or speaking in person. Written comments must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. on February 25, by going to the School Board webpage at https://henricoschools.us/school-board/ and clicking “Submit comments for the next available public forum.” Written comments submitted within the deadline are an official part of the public record for the meeting and will be posted for public view in “BoardDocs,” where all meeting materials are archived. Board members will receive written comments, and equal consideration and attention will be given to both written and in-person comments.
- A live stream of the School Board work session will be available on the main HCPS website, henricoschools.us.
- To view “BoardDocs,” where meeting agendas can be found, please click here: http://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/henrico/Board.nsf/Public.
- Citizens can also communicate anytime with the Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone wishing to attend who needs visual, audio or physical assistance should contact Andy Jenks, Chief of Communications and Community Engagement, at (804) 652-3726.