HCPS’ Bridge Builders Academy series has something for all Henrico families
Henrico, Va. Jan. 19, 2023 — Henrico County Public Schools’ Bridge Builders Academy workshop series explores topics of interest to Henrico families, while building connections throughout our community. The series is open to all residents, regardless of whether they have students enrolled in the school division.
The winter edition of the workshop series kicks off at 6 p.m. this evening with a virtual workshop on career exploration and academic planning using the MajorClarity web resource. January workshops also include sessions on FEV Tutor, a service that provides HCPS families with free online tutoring.
Five of the winter workshops are virtual, and students, staff and members of the public can participate using Microsoft Teams. More information about the workshops, as well as instructions and links for participating, are at the Bridge Builders Academy webpage at https://henricoschools.us/bridgebuildersacademy. Many workshops are recorded for later viewing, and you can watch past workshops by going to the Bridge Builders Academy page.
Winter 2023 Bridge Builders Academy workshops
(Attend virtual workshops using links available at https://henricoschools.us/bridgebuildersacademy.)
- “Career Exploration and Academic Planning with MajorClarity,” Jan. 19 at 6 p.m. (virtual)
- “FEV Tutor,” Jan. 24 at noon (virtual, in Arabic and in English with Spanish translation)
- “FEV Tutor,” Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. (virtual, in English)
- “Pre-K,” Feb. 6 at noon (virtual, in Arabic and in English with Spanish translation)
- “Pre-K,” Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. (virtual, in English)
- “Accessing Henrico Libraries,” Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. (Oak Avenue Complex, 15 S. Oak Ave., Highland Springs, Va.)
- “Resume-writing for Beginners,” March 14 at 6 p.m. (Oak Avenue Complex, 15 S. Oak Ave., Highland Springs, Va.)
- “ExEd Expo,” March 21 at 5:30 p.m. (Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave., Henrico, Va.)
Each of the workshops in the series represents one of four “learning strands,” or categories. The learning strands are: Beyond the Classroom; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Exceptional Education; and Information, Access and Opportunities.
The sessions are moderated by the HCPS Division of Family and Community Engagement, in conjunction with the session hosts. Questions about workshops can be directed to email@example.com.