Henrico, Va. Sept. 12, 2022 — The Bridge Builders Academy workshop series provides information and builds connections among families, the community and Henrico County Public Schools. The series is open to all residents, regardless of whether they have students enrolled in the school division.
The workshops kick off at 6 p.m. Tuesday with a virtual workshop on resources to support your student during the 2022-23 school year.
Each of the workshops in the series represents one of four “learning strands,” or categories. The learning strands are: Beyond the Classroom; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Exceptional Education; and Information, Access and Opportunities.
Most Bridge Builders Academy workshops are virtual, and students, staff and members of the public can participate using Microsoft Teams. More information about the workshops, as well as instructions and links for participating, are at the Bridge Builders Academy webpage at https://henricoschools.us/bridgebuildersacademy. Many workshops are recorded for later viewing, and you can watch past workshops by going to the Bridge Builders Academy page.
Fall 2022 Bridge Builders Academy workshops (all sessions are at 6 p.m.)
(Attend virtual workshops by going to https://henricoschools.us/bridgebuildersacademy.)
- “Powerful Connections and Academic Resources to Support Your Pre-K through Grade 5 Student,” Sept. 13 (virtual)
- “Dyslexia 101,” Sept. 20 (virtual)
- “Power Advocacy: Enhancing Parent and Family Skills to Improve Student Success,” Oct. 11 (virtual)
- “What is AAC? Learn How to Use a Communication Device to Help Your Child Communicate,” Nov. 1 (Tuckahoe Area Library, 1901 Starling Drive, Henrico, Va.)
- “Signs of Suicide,” Nov. 15 (virtual)
The sessions are moderated by the HCPS Department of Family and Community Engagement, in conjunction with the session hosts. Questions about workshops can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.