The 2022 Advanced Placement exam registration window for Henrico County Public Schools students is now open and will run through Nov. 8. High school students and their families will once again use an online registration and payment process for registration and must register for each AP exam they are interested in taking, using the link for the high school they attend.
Registration links for each of HCPS’ nine comprehensive high schools are below:
- Deep Run High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/470952
- Douglas S. Freeman High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471850
- Glen Allen High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/470956
- Mills E. Godwin High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471872
- Henrico High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471854
- Hermitage High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471855
- Highland Springs High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471070
- J.R. Tucker High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471863
- Varina High School: www.totalregistration.net/AP/471910
HCPS virtual learners enrolled in the Henrico Virtual Academy and the Virtual Virginia program will also register using their home school’s link.
Fees for 2022 AP exams are:
- AP seminar: $150
- AP research: $150
- All other AP: $100
- Free and reduced: $55
Partial payments will be accepted, with a minimum deposit of $40 required for each AP exam, paid by the Nov. 8 close of registration. Complete payment for all exams is due by March 7, 2022, to avoid cancellation. Exams ordered after Nov. 8 will incur an additional $40 nonrefundable late fee. No exams may be ordered after March 7, 2022.
AP exams are standardized tests designed to measure students’ mastery over content and skills of a particular AP course. According to College Board, the 2022 AP exams will cover the full content of each course, to ensure that students have opportunities to receive college credit and placement. The organization is planning for in-school tests in 2022, during the first two weeks in May. However, if COVID-19 safety concerns prohibit a student from testing in person at a school, College Board will provide a contingency testing option that contains full course content. Because May 3 is an HCPS scheduled holiday in honor of Eid al-Fitr, both AP exams scheduled for that date (AP Environmental Science and AP Psychology) will be administered on May 17, the late-testing date.