All students eligible for free meals for 2021-22 school year; weekly bulk distribution at 14 sites through August
Reminder: All HCPS students are eligible for free meals for the 2021-22 school year
For final 3 weeks of summer, bulk distribution will be weekly at high-demand sites
Henrico, Va., Aug. 10, 2021 — Henrico County Public Schools is pleased to remind students and families that, because of a pandemic-related extension from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, all Henrico County children are eligible to receive free meals through the 2021-22 school year. Until the school year starts, the school division’s free meals service will continue with weekly bulk distribution of meals on Tuesdays at 14 school division sites where demand is greatest. On Aug. 17, 24 and 31, families can pick up five days of meals at any of the 14 sites. Distribution times will remain 8:30-10 a.m. The school year begins Sept. 8.
The program is an effort by HCPS’ Division of School Nutrition Services to help ensure that children receive meals when school is not in session. Free and reduced-price lunch applications are not required for free school meals, but applications may be required for other benefits programs. HCPS will provide more information about school meals and other food benefits as it become available.
Free meals curbside pickup sites for Aug. 17, 24 and 31 (8:30-10 a.m.)
Elementary school curbside sites:
- Adams Elementary School, 600 S. Laburnum Ave.
- Gayton Elementary School, 12481 Church Road
- Harvie Elementary School, 3401 Harvie Road
- Laburnum Elementary School, 500 Meriwether Ave.
- Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St.
- Ridge Elementary School, 8910 Three Chopt Road
- Skipwith Elementary School, 2401 Skipwith Road
- Ward Elementary School, 3400 Darbytown Road
Middle school curbside sites:
- Brookland Middle School, 9200 Lydell Drive
- Pocahontas Middle School, 12000 Three Chopt Road
- Tuckahoe Middle School, 9000 Three Chopt Road
High school curbside sites:
- Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road
- Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road
- Varina High School, 7053 Messer Road
Service is on a first come, first served basis, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the administration of the meal service. Children do not need to be present when parents and guardians are picking up meals. Parents and guardians are not eligible for the free meal service.