EXTRA MEALS: On Thursday, July 1, our curbside meal locations will give out meals for Thursday, Friday and Monday (HCPS schools and offices are closed on Monday, July 5, in observance of Independence Day.)
Henrico, Va., June 17, 2021 — There will be two ways for those 18 and younger to get nutritious meals this summer through Henrico County Public Schools and the school division’s community partners. Students participating in Summer Academy and Henrico County summer enrichment programs will be offered free breakfast and lunch at those program locations. Meals will also be available for curbside pickup to the community at select school and community sites. Meals program days will be Monday through Thursday. The program is an effort by HCPS’ Division of School Nutrition Services to help ensure that children receive meals when school is not in session.
Getting school meals:
In person: Free breakfasts and lunches will be available to students participating in Summer Academy or at any of Henrico County’s summer enrichment program sites.
Dates for in-person school meals will vary, depending on when the programs are in operation:
- For HCPS middle and high schools hosting summer programs: June 28-Aug. 5.
- For HCPS elementary schools hosting summer programs: July 12-Aug. 5.
- For Recreation and Parks and PAL sites: June 21-Aug. 12.
Curbside pickup: Free breakfasts and lunches will be available for pickup at HCPS sites hosting summer programs, as well as select community program sites. For a list of summer curbside sites, see the chart below.
- Dates and times will be the same at all curbside pickup sites: 8:30-10 a.m. on Mondays through Thursdays from June 21-Aug. 12. Select sites will also offer bulk meals for pickup on Aug. 17, 24 and 31.
- At HCPS curbside sites only, breakfast and lunch for Friday will be included with Thursday’s curbside pickups.
General information about HCPS summer meals:
- Children do not need to be present when parents and guardians are picking up meals. Parents and guardians are not eligible for the free meal service.
- All sites and meals services will be closed Monday, July 5, in recognition of the Independence Day holiday.
- Because of a pandemic-related extension from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, all Henrico County children are eligible to receive free meals through the 2021-22 school year.
Service is on a first come, first served basis, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the administration of the meal service. Meals will be provided to families via curbside pickup at the following sites:
Summer meals curbside pickup sites
(All sites: 8:30-10 a.m., Mondays through Thursdays from June 21-Aug. 12.)
Elementary school curbside sites:
- Adams Elementary School, 600 S. Laburnum Ave.
- Colonial Trail Elementary School, 12101 Liesfeld Farm Drive
- Donahoe Elementary School, 1801 Graves Road
- Echo Lake Elementary School, 5200 Francistown Road
- Gayton Elementary School, 12481 Church Road
- Glen Lea Elementary School, 3909 Austin Ave.
- Greenwood Elementary School, 10960 Greenwood Road
- Harvie Elementary School, 3401 Harvie Road
- Johnson Elementary School, 5600 Bethlehem Road
- Laburnum Elementary School, 500 Meriwether Ave.
- Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St.
- Ridge Elementary School, 8910 Three Chopt Road
- Skipwith Elementary School, 2401 Skipwith Road
- Ward Elementary School, 3400 Darbytown Road
Middle school curbside sites:
- Brookland Middle School, 9200 Lydell Drive
- Elko Middle School, 5901 Elko Road
- Holman Middle School, 600 Concourse Blvd.
- Pocahontas Middle School, 12000 Three Chopt Road
- Tuckahoe Middle School, 9000 Three Chopt Road
- L. Douglas Wilder Middle School, 6900 Wilkinson Road
High school curbside sites:
- Academy at Virginia Randolph, 2204 Mountain Road
- Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road
- Douglas Freeman High School, 8701 Three Chopt Road
- Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave.
- Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road
- Highland Springs High School, 15 S. Oak Ave.
- Varina High School, 7053 Messer Road
Community curbside sites:
- Deep Run Recreation Center, 9900 Ridgefield Parkway
- Dorey Park Recreation Center, 2999 Darbytown Road
- Elko Community Center, 6216 White Oak Road
- Eastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Ave.
- Hunton Community Center, 11690 Old Washington Highway
- The Springs Recreation Center, 302 Lee Ave.
Nondiscrimination agreement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language) should contact the agency (state or local) where he or she applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA program discrimination complaint form (form AD-3027), found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office; or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by: 1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 2. fax: 202-690-7442; or 3. email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.