Henrico, Va. May 8, 2020 — Henrico County Public Schools will open a new distribution site for school meals Monday at Lakeside Elementary School in Henrico County’s Brookland District. The addition of Lakeside brings to 15 the number of sites where students can pick up free “grab and go” breakfasts and lunches on weekdays during the school division’s closure for coronavirus. Many students depend on school meals as a crucial part of daily nutrition. Since launching the distribution service in March to address family nutrition needs during the closure, HCPS’ School Nutrition Services Department has packaged and distributed more than 225,000 breakfasts and lunches.
The 15 sites are open from 11 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday. On Fridays, students, parents and guardians can also pick up meals for the weekends. Distribution is on a first-come, first-served basis. Food distribution is open to all students, regardless of what school they attend, as well as others age 18 and under.
New meals distribution site opening May 11 (M-F, 11 a.m.-noon)
- Lakeside Elementary School, 6700 Cedar Croft St., Henrico, Va. 23228
Other meals distribution sites (M-F, 11 a.m.-noon)
- Campus of Virginia Randolph, 2204 Mountain Road, Glen Allen, Va. 23060
- Fairfield Middle School, 5121 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, Va. 23223
- Glen Lea Elementary School, 3909 Austin Ave., Henrico, Va. 23222
- Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave., Henrico, Va. 23227
- Henrico Volunteer Rescue Squad 31, 5301 Huntsman Road, Sandston, Va. 23150
- Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road, Henrico, Va. 23228
- Highland Springs Elementary School, 600 Pleasant St., Highland Springs, Va. 23075
- Longan Elementary School, 9200 Mapleview Ave., Henrico, Va. 23294
- Montrose Elementary School, 2820 Williamsburg Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
- Quioccasin Middle School, 9400 Quioccasin Road, Henrico, Va. 23238
- Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St., Henrico, Va. 23223
- Ridge Elementary School, 8910 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, Va. 23229
- Sandston Elementary School, 7 Naglee Ave., Sandston, Va. 23150
- Ward Elementary School, 3400 Darbytown Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
Hours and locations may change, depending on demand. Families should check the latest information about locations and pick-up hours at the HCPS’ COVID-19 webpage, henricoschools.us/covid19/.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by:
Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Washington, DC 20250-9410
Fax: 202-690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.