Henrico, Va. March 18, 2020 — Henrico County Public Schools will add seven additional food distribution sites Thursday and another Monday, bringing to 14 the sites where students can pick up free “grab and go” breakfasts and lunches during the school division’s closure for coronavirus. Many students depend on school meals as a crucial part of daily nutrition. Henrico Schools began addressing the need earlier this week with meal distribution at six sites throughout Henrico County.
Students can pick up a packaged lunch and breakfast each school day between 11 a.m. and noon, on a first-come, first-served basis. Food distribution is open to all students, regardless of what school they attend, as well as others age 18 and under. Due to program requirements the school division must follow, adults must be accompanied by each child 18 and under who needs a meal.
Pick-up hours are scheduled for weekdays from 11 a.m. to noon, but hours and locations may increase again, depending on demand. Families should check the latest information about locations and pick-up hours at the HCPS’ COVID-19 webpage, henricoschools.us/covid19/.
Original meal distribution sites (M-F, 11 a.m.-noon):
- Fairfield Middle School, 5121 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, Va. 23223
- Glen Lea Elementary School, 3909 Austin Ave., Henrico, Va. 23222
- Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road, Henrico, Va. 23228
- Highland Springs Elementary School, 600 Pleasant St., Highland Springs, Va. 23075
- Quioccasin Middle School, 9400 Quioccasin Road, Henrico, Va. 23238
- Henrico Volunteer Rescue Squad 31, 5301 Huntsman Road, Sandston, Va. 23150
Additional sites opening Thursday, March 19, 11 a.m.-noon:
- Campus of Virginia Randolph, 2204 Mountain Road, Glen Allen, Va. 23060
- Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave., Henrico, Va. 23227
- Longan Elementary School, 9200 Mapleview Ave., Henrico, Va. 23294
- Montrose Elementary School, 2820 Williamsburg Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
- Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St., Henrico, Va. 23223
- Ridge Elementary School, 8910 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, Va. 23229
- Sandston Elementary School, 7 Naglee Ave., Sandston, Va. 23150
Site opening Monday, March 23, 11 a.m.-noon:
- Ward Elementary School, 3400 Darbytown Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by:
– Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Washington, DC 20250-9410
– Fax: 202-690-7442; or
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.