Where do I register?
Children should be registered at the school they will attend. Not sure? Use our School Locator to find the school for your address.

When do I register?
You may register at your student’s school any time of the year during the school’s normal business hours. Click here to see a list of elementary schools, their hours and links to their individual websites.

What should I bring?

  • An official state-issued birth certificate for your child. A child must be 5 years old by Sept. 30.
  • Proof of residency. You will need:
    • A picture ID: driver’s license, DMV ID, military ID or other picture ID; AND:
    • A current house contract, lease agreement, mortgage statement
      or tax assessment; AND:
    • A current utility bill (dated within the past 30 days).

Will the school require anything else? 
Before the school year starts, you will need to present:

  • An up-to-date record of your child’s immunizations.
  • A physical exam form signed by a qualified U.S.-licensed health care provider and dated no more than 12 months before the enrollment date. Download the School Entrance Health Form.

Where can I get more information?
Call 804-652-3739 to reach the HCPS Central Office.