Entering kindergarten is a big step for children and their families. It all starts Thursday, April 20 when Henrico County Public Schools will join with 12 other central Virginia school divisions to register new students for the 2017-18 school year. To enroll a child in Henrico County Public Schools, the child must reside in Henrico County with a parent or court-appointed legal custodian and be 5 years old by Sept. 30.
What parents and guardians need to know:
Where do I register?
Children should be registered at the school they will attend. Not sure? Use our online School Locator tool to find the school for your address: http://henricoschools.us/school-locator/.
When do I register?
Thursday, April 20, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
What should I bring?
- An official state-issued birth certificate for your child.
- Proof of residency. You will need:
- A picture ID: driver’s license, DMV ID, military ID or other picture ID; AND:
- A current house contract, lease agreement, mortgage statement or tax assessment; AND:
- A current utility bill (dated within the past 30 days).
Will the school require anything else?
Before the school year starts, you will need to present:
- An up-to-date record of your child’s immunizations.
- A physical exam form signed by a qualified U.S.-licensed health care provider and dated no more than 12 months before the enrollment date. The form can be downloaded at http://henricoschools.us/elementary-schools/kindergarten/.
What if I have other questions?
More information is available at the Henrico County Public Schools website at http://henricoschools.us/elementary-schools/kindergarten/.