The Henrico School Board has adopted a final calendar for the 2017-18 school year. The Board voted on the calendar at its work session Feb. 9 after getting feedback from HCPS families, teachers and staff members on a number of calendar draft proposals.
Some highlights of the 2017-18 school year calendar:
- Teachers report to work for back-to-school meetings and training: Aug. 28, 2017
- Classes begin: Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017*
- Winter Break: Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 – Monday, Jan. 1, 2018 (students return to school Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018)
- Spring Break: April 2-6, 2018
- Classes end: Friday, June 15, 2018
- Potential “make-up day”: Feb. 19, 2018
*In Virginia, school divisions are required by law to open after Labor Day unless a waiver is granted by the Virginia Department of Education.
The calendar process begins annually with a committee comprised of representatives from Henrico, Chesterfield, Hanover and Richmond. The committee then proposes adjustments in response to employee and community feedback.
To review the current 2016-17 school year calendar, including 2017 graduation dates, visit our calendars page.