How are we doing? Parents, students, staff members and business leaders weigh in with 2016 HCPS survey results.
Every two years, Henrico Schools asks parents, students and HCPS staff members, along with area business leaders, for their opinions about what the school division is doing well, and what we could do better. The most recent engagement and satisfaction surveys were completed in January and February 2016. The National Center for School Leadership collected and compiled the results.
The survey is useful in part for charting how Henrico Schools is doing in pursuing the goals of the HCPS Strategic Plan.
Among the 2016 survey highlights, HCPS got good grades for:
- Academic growth. HCPS is committed to providing a good education, said families and staff members. Students and families said HCPS was effectively placing importance on education.
- School climate. The school division provides a positive, safe and well-maintained environment, according to families and staff members.
- Relationships. Families and staff members said HCPS cultivates strong relationships.
- The support to succeed. Families, staff members and businesses said that HCPS is creating the vision, policies and practices to support student achievement.
- Communication. Families and students said Henrico Schools gives them the information they need.
- 21st-century learning: HCPS makes effective use of technology for instruction, according to families and businesses.
Click the links below to read all the 2016 results, and see how they compare to similar surveys in 2012 and 2014:
- 2016 Parent Engagement and Satisfaction Survey results
- 2016 Student Survey results
- 2016 HCPS Staff Survey results
- 2016 Business Partner Focus Group results
- Presentation to the School Board about survey results (presented Aug. 25, 2016)